You shouldn’t always follow tech trends or speculations, but when the numbers are talking, you have to listen and pay close attention: What’s going on?, Why?, Is it useful and feasible?
The present year, almost at its end, has given us a lot to look at. The digital marketing medium has seen some very interesting changes and movements, particularly with regard to ad platforms and systems, which have been known to adapt to new technologies. The most transcendental thing in my opinion is the trend making video the preferred platform for users to consume content online, and the way the industry is taking advantage of this to run advertisements.
This trend is already taking precedence, and in 2015 we will surely confirm its proliferation. All the reports confirm it. We will continue to see advertising in standard formats, but video will reign supreme.
Some Statistics of Online Video
- 73% of consumers are more willing to purchase items after watching a video. (Reelseo)
- Using videos on landing pages increases conversión rates by 80%. (Eye View Digital)
- Websites with videos receive 403% more visits than those without videos. (Digitalsherpa)
- 51.9% of marketers around the world cite video as the content type with the best ROI, achieving a percentage significantly higher than the rest of platforms. (eMarketer)
- A minute-long video is equivalent to the value of 1.8 million words (Forrester Research)
- The ratio of clicks increases between 200 and 300% when video is used for e-mail marketing campaigns. (Forrester)
- Online video traffic will make up 69% of all searched in 2017 (Cisco).
- 80% of your visits online will include a video, while only 20% will include reading text content. (Digitalsherpa)
- Each month, users watch more than 6 billion hours of videos. (Youtube)
This post is also available in: Spanish
Trackback from your site.