Although many people would like to launch a company, it´s not a simple process. You need energy, passion, resilience, money, and a nice place to start up. There are many places in the world where you can do this: the US, many countries in Europe or Asia, among others. So why not in Chile? Yeah, that last country in South America… or, in my point of view: the first one counting from the south to the north.
If you are considering the idea, let me give you 10 reasons to choose Chile to launch your business idea:
- Growth: Chile´s GDP grew from 2005 to 2012 at an average annual rate of 4.6%, according to the Central Bank of Chile. In fact, in 2010 this country became the first South American member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Attractive Landscape: With over 4,000 miles of coasts, the driest desert in the world, islands, forest, lakes, rivers and especially the Andes range, Chile is one of the most diversified countries in natural landscapes in South America.
- Safety: Chile is the 2nd most safe country in South America according to the Global Peace Index. In the world, Chile ranks 31st.
- Fun City: Santiago, Chile’s capital city is cosmopolitan, the financial, cultural, and political center of the country. There are hundreds of places to visit: historic buildings, modern architecture, parks, museums, etc. Nightlife is great!
- Resources: Chile’s modern telecommunications infrastructure stands out in the region. Competitive costs and skilled professionals are some of the advantages that Chile has to offer to foreign companies settled in the country. Chilean cities are well-equipped when you consider conditions for doing business and costs of transfers, among others.
- Taxes: Business income tax (1st category): 20%
- Corporate law: many alternatives to creating a company. Entrepreneurs can establish a startup in a single day.
- Cost of Living: Honestly, some countries are cheaper, but it´s not that bad.
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Many institutions can help you, such as: business incubators, university programs (highly recommended: Garage UAI), innovations centers, government agencies (CORFO), etc.
- Start-Up Chile: is a governmental program to support foreign entrepreneurs with more than 40,000 USD* per project.
If you would like to see more information, I recommend you to watch this presentation:
So, Did I convince you? Go for it!
This post is also available in: Spanish
Trackback from your site.