There´s no doubt about it, Chile is booming right now. According to Bloomberg, in the first quarter alone, their economy grew by 9.8 percent from 2010. And as the trend for companies around the world is to have an internet presence and strong online sales, Chilean companies are following suit and definitely feeling that boom.
So what companies are doing the best? Yesterday, 25 May, Santiago´s 2011 eCommerce Day celebrated innovation and potential development within the Digital Economy, and recognized leaders in the field. The selection process was generated and audited online by the well known international consultant group Everis.
And the winners are:
• Leaders in retail eCommerce: Falabella
• Leaders in tourism eCommerce: LAN Airlines
• Leaders in service eCommerce: Servipag
• New eCommerce players: Mundolider (Walmart)
• Leaders in new eCommerce markets: Groupon
• Most innovative eCommerce company: Bazuca
To those looking in and especially those within, these companies are showing a lot of potential, and you may want to think about investing in one, as experts say that the Chilean economy has several more years of growth ahead.